On this site:

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hello, World!

I’ve been spending some time thinking about how I can improve my use of online tools like blogs and social media to share my ideas and connect with people. Although I’ve been ‘online’ for quite some time now, I was feeling that my skills and knowledge were stagnating or at least had plateaued and were in need of rejuvenation.

After mapping out my ideas of the people I wanted to connect with and some of the ways I might be able to contribute or help, I realized that I needed a space to be able to share longer ideas in a public way. A blog seemed like a good place to start. I also wanted it to be easy and to “just work”: I’m eager to get started and didn’t want to get bogged down with the minutia of setting up, designing, and configuring a blog. So I dug up this old Blogspot blog, polished up a fresh look for it, and here we are!

As I said, I have plans and I’m eager to get started putting them into action. This obligatory ‘hello, world!” post was the last thing I had to do before I could check off the “set up blog” task as complete, so I think I’ll end this here so that I can move on and get a start on… well, on whatever this is going to turn out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment